July 08, 2013

Salted Caramel Banoffee Eclairs

When I saw this recipe for Salted Caramel Banoffee Eclairs, I darn well nearly died. You know I love a good Salted Caramel anything so I had to try this out. I'm not sure why I waited almost a month to make them... but I was just scared I would make a mistake and all the salted caramel would have to go to milkshake heaven (do you remember this old post? Hah!).
I've made Choux pastry before, so I'm not sure where the fear came from! And having the KitchenAid do all the beating made this process quite blissful actually.

Lol look at that piping... I wanted to make shorter stubbier eclairs, and my slapstick job made it look like huhu grubs.

Donal suggests to brush a bit of leftover egg wash before putting the eclair mixture into the oven...but I didn't read that step so they didn't quite come out shiny coated. Doesn't matter anyways I think cos you cover these potato looking babies up with Salted Caramel!

I must admit, I wasn't patient enough and didn't wait for the caramel to cool down and thicken more, which is why this one had the caramel oozing everywhere. But it still tasted the same :)

They're not as perfect as Donals, but they were all devoured by some friends we had over for dinner on Saturday. They taste just as good if you blob a bit of chocolate ganache on top and omit the banana, for a classic Chocolate Eclair!
See Donal's recipe here.

X

2 comments so far

  1. These were delicious!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovely! Will have to try a chocolate on chocolate one for you next time!!x

    ReplyDelete

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.