July 23, 2013

Faux Bob Faux Leather

Having grown my hair for waaaay over a year now, the length of my hair has reached past my mid back. I've toyed with the idea for the longest time, whether to just chop it all off for a new look. I ramp up the courage to say to my hairdresser, "go for gold lady, chop away", but then I sit in the hairdresser's chair, get cold feet, and just go through with a casual trimming of the layers, and even keep the length.
The weather over the weekend was like a peek of spring, and I think it's time for a change!


If you can lengthen short hair with extensions, you can do the reverse and temporarily shorten long hair, all with the help of a curling iron, a few bobby pins and hair spray. I sectioned off my hair in half, roughly curled and tucked in the under long layers of the lower half, then played around with the top half of my hair layers to shape a rough bob. Tease the roots of your hair to help you shape the around the crown. Of course this works best if you have long layered hair that already has a bit of shape and dimension.


Zara Faux Leather Peplum top (similar here and here) / H&M Pants (also seen here) / Tru Trussardi Sunglasses (also seen here, and here) / ASOS strappy heels (on sale!) / Faux snakeskin clutch (purchase on holiday in Thailand)

Until I get the courage to jump on the big chop wagon I'm thinking the whole fake-it-till-you-make-it philosophy will have to do for now. Plus it's a good way to play around with various bob lengths before going in for the dive.



I think once I come back from Tokyo, I will be ready for the plunge. I just need to figure out exactly how short this future bob is going to be! Watch this space!
X

Post a Comment

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.