June 29, 2013

Madeleines

I am keen to be on the fast track when it comes to trying every kind of French pastry under the sun, but I seem to be taking it slow in terms of learning the art of French pastry at home. I guess it's the fiddly, complex and meticulous image that french cooking has, which has me intimidated to try. But really, when it comes down to it, if you have a little patience, the results can be really satisfying.



These wee madeleines may be a bit on the brown side, and the batter almost caramelised on the edge, but the inside was still fluffy with the perfect crumb. I think next time I'll put them out of the oven 2-3 minutes earlier, so be sure to keep an eye on them after the first 10 minutes! If you're making 24 mini ones, I think the max time you should have them in the oven should be 4-5 minutes!
I followed this recipe here, and added in an extra tablespoon of passionfruit powder just for something a lil different. Next time I might try this recipe here, where there is emphasis on using brown butter instead of just normal melted butter.


I haven't even tried making macarons yet but it is definitely on my to-do list!
Hope you all are having a great weekend! I'm feeling a little bit slow today after a good night out with my work buddies last night so just laying low and taking it easy :)
X

Post a Comment

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.