June 08, 2013

Bridesmaid details

Bridesmaids... gotta love being one, and gotta love having them.

{Photos taken at one of my good friends' weddings this year...for which I was a bridesmaid, we looked like triplets :) / Photos by JEL Photography / Dresses custom made, inspired by Anna Campbell}

Gone are the days of making your bridesmaids look fuglier than the bride to make the bride shine. After all, you want your wedding photos to be memorable for all the right reasons! All I wanted for my day was the girls to feel just as beautiful and happy as I felt for myself. And with that in mind, I had hoped that they could wear a gown that was special with a bit of unexpected detail. So here is a wee inspo post for all you future bridesmaids and brides, looking for something different, something special so that you and your besties will feel wonderful on the big day.

Long Gowns


1. Gown by Sheike, not available anymore however now they make a similar silhouette in a Deep Turquoise shade / Photos from our wedding day, by Coralee & Alex



2. Beaded Bodice gown by George / 3. Cap-sleeved lace with Asymetric detail gown by Allen Schwartz / 4. Art Deco Lace back detail with V-neck front gown by Sheike / 5. Glitter bodice with Slit gown by Lipsy

Short dresses


1. Cap-sleeved Metallic lace top dress by ASOS {my fave!} / 2. Intricate beaded trapeze dress by ASOS / 3. Embellished shoulder dress with skater skirt by Topshop / 4. V-neck lace detail with cinched waist dress by ASOS (comes in Navy & Red too!)

Wow after trawling the interwebs, even I want to purchase some of these lil numbers for myself! I picked mostly neutral colours above, but of course it all comes down to the colour and feel that you want for your wedding, and also what kind of silhouette your bridesmaids feel most comfortable wearing.
I hope this post inspired you to look further than just the run-of-the-mill cookie cutter dress for your Besties :)

Have a good weekend peeps!
X

p.s.

Peeps, I'm now on Twitter... I feel bit like a Grandma still learning the ropes and wandering around Twitterverse, but I'm trying :) Join and follow along if you like! Just click on the "t" button to the above right, underneath "About Mia Loves Pretty"!

Post a Comment

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.