January 15, 2014

Holy Guacamole!



Guacamole has to be one of my all time favourite snacks. SO fresh, appetising, moreish and nutritious, I have no qualms about downing a big bucket of this stuff. Served with a fresh batch of corn chips or fresh veg, this is my take on a reliable and quick guacamole recipe.  I also sometimes have guacamole as a side to any type of meal, whether it be on traditional chicken nachoscrispy skinned salmon, roast pork or even plopped on a crispy salad.

Quick, Easy, Guacamole Recipe

Prep time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 as a pre-dinner snack or just yourself.

Ingredients:

  • 1 Ripe Avocado
  • 1/2 Red Chilli (Use a whole Red Chilli or 1/2 a Bird's eye red chilli if you prefer things hot)
  • 5 Cherry tomatoes, halved and hulled
  • 2 bunches of fresh Coriander
  • 1/4 Red Onion 
  • 1/4 fresh Tahitian lime juice, and extra to taste at the end
  • Salt & Pepper, season to taste
STEPS
1.  Roughly mash the avocado with the lime juice in a large bowl, using a fork and set aside (I prefer my guacamole to still have decent lumps of avocado, but if you prefer it to be more smooth and creamy, go right ahead and mash the avocado thoroughly)
2.  Either chop all together finely by knife, or place all in a blender to chop finely, the chilli, cherry tomatoes, coriander and red onion
3.  Gently mix through the chopped mixture in the avocado with a fork, season to taste with salt & pepper
4.  Serve with your favourite corn chips of choice or fry up your own batch of fresh tortillas! 




You must eat it on the day it's made! If you need to make this ahead of time, just swirl over a good glug of olive oil and place in the fridge until you're ready to serve / eat!
O-M-G, near midnight is the worst time to blog food posts. I'm still recovering from a stomach bug I got a couple days ago (worst thing ever, never wishing it on anyone), and I haven't had much appetite since, but now that I see these photos again, I can feel my appetite coming back!

X

Post a Comment

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.