February 06, 2015

Bohemian Wedding Hair









It's funny how your brain translates what you visualise in your mind for your hands to convey physically. I loved art right from the start when I was little, from painting by numbers, to art and music classes in high school and then continued to love it via piano and violin, completing my LTCL and teaching little Yamaha kidlets in my University years. But I knew I was always rubbish at drawing and sketching.

So when I put pen to paper to brainstorm wedding hairstyles recently (not for any client in particular), it was no surprise to me that the styles I penned down didn't look exactly like what I had visualised in my head.  Then when I went to construct what I was visualising onto actual hair, it looked different again. But you know what? Instead of being frustrated, I kind of liked this evolving process, where pops of new ideas weaved themselves into the process, and the end result didn't become a cookie cutter hairstyle. I probably wouldn't rely on any other way to jot down the ideas I have, mood boarding and then sketching out my thought processes on paper is actually quite therapeutic and such a lovely way to record my thoughts.

Making others feel beautiful is what I love to do, and I love how there is so many choices and ideas with wedding beauty these days. I think bohemian, whimsical and carefree hairstyles are here to stay from summer through autumn, for any special occasions really. Dotted with tiny flowers or embraced with a gold Grecian leaf crown, I think this is Bohemian wedding hair up-do is relaxed, yet elegant and polished at the same time.

To my surprise, my human doll friend and I did a cardio workout with her hair still up in this hairdo, and it really stayed put through lunges, squats and star jumps! What a way to test whether a hairstyle will stay up hehe :)

Anyways, this is the perfect post to start the weekend! I'm off to get even more inspiration by plopping along to One Fine Day Wedding Fair this Saturday. If you'd like more inspiration for bridal hairstyles or special occasions, pop onto my pinterest boards here and here! I pin almost everyday!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

X

p.s. other hairstyle posts here, here and here.

Post a Comment

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.