December 12, 2014

The Mia Loves Pretty Portfolio Website


I have been toying with the idea of having a sister website for quite some time, a website where it's a little more professional and brings together my makeup portfolio as well as my food photography portfolio.
While I was building the website though, and writing about the "back story" to why I started this blog and why I am here, I realised it was almost like a reflection exercise. It became a way in which I have cemented the idea, in my head and on a business plan, how much effort I'd like to put towards giving Makeup Artistry a proper go, and also where my current love of food photography will sit. It's really weird that I probably should have already known what I wanted to do with both those things, but it really wasn't until I started putting together my past and current makeup pictures, reorganising my makeup kit, editing, writing, thinking, planning and amalgamating all my thoughts into one place that I am finally comfortable with the direction I'm heading in.

I think the scariest part of this is that while I had freelanced makeup on the side over the years, it wasn't a regular stint while I had a full time job in an unrelated industry, and I never really applied an entrepreneurial tact to it. I simply loved doing and being part of the process of making women shine. The entrepreneurial and networking part is my next step, and it is one step which I think I will have to grow and continue learning to do. You'd think putting myself out there with this blog will have taught me a thing or two about being confident and going out guns blazing, but backing myself as a makeup artist and a business is a whole other ballgame.

For now though, while my business cards are in print, here is Mia Loves Pretty sister website - My Portfolio. After running the website past Jase and a few of my friends, they seem to love it as much as I do, so I think a little pat on the back is in order, hah!

I'm off to see Katy Perry do her magic tonight, hope you guys have a wonderful weekend! And if you know anyone that would love a little makeover pick-me-up, or in need of a makeup artist for her wedding, please do get in touch :)

X


Post a Comment

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.