December 31, 2014

Farewell 2014, Come At Me 2015



I've been keeping a Pinterest board called Happiness for about a year now, partially to cheer me up with what I think would make me feel happy in the days that I don't.  But also to hopefully see a recurring pattern across the images. I haven’t looked at the board in its entirety until now, and now that I have, there are definite recurring themes. It's filled with a lot of sparkler action, confetti, dancing, swimming pools, walks along the beach with the sea air through your hair, people taking photographs, cozied up in blankets reading in a nook, road trips, wanderlust, freedom, kisses and cuddles, bonfires , family , friendship and champagne.  
When it comes down to it though, happiness is very simple. Happiness can be a choice, and if you choose happiness, you go forth with the things that make you feel happy. It seems the older we get, the easier it is to fall into a rut of what you think is the most adult-y responsible thing to do and then we lose sight of what makes us feel happy - probably one of the most important goals in life. My one advice at this time of reflection is to take some time out for yourself, something that a lot of us in this modern world probably find hard to do, and give your mind some time to sweep away the clouds and think about what really makes you happy. Jot down all the words that spill out of your brain and see if you have a recurring theme. Jump onto Pinterest and see what you can visually collate as your idea of happiness, and I'm sure something, even a small inkling of an idea will come up. 
If you find you're already on the road to happiness, that's great to hear! Keep on with the ride! If you think you find joy in helping others realise their dreams, make a plan! There are no right or wrong answers, just try to dig deep.

I think I'm definitely on the path to happiness, it may not be a straight path with it's steep incline, but I know it is the right one. I couldn't have said that if you approached me at the beginning of the 2014. This windy path is still very windy, set with a lot of unknowns, potential traps, and fears, but also has a lot of gaps for detours helped by determination and whatever emotional and mental strength I can gather to achieve the dreams I have noted down since I left work. Although I may have to look for a regularly paid job to fill in the money gap that has occurred while I've had time off, I am hopeful and much more determined to make things work for me financially and mentally in 2015, for my own sanity and also for Jase's haha!

Anyways, here's to plenty of new adventures, happiness and another blessed new year. A big cheers to you, to finding self fulfilment, remembering to stop and smell the roses, making brave decisions, following through with our dreams and making the most of the life we have been given.

Make everything glitter!

Stay safe, and Happy New Year!!

Farewell 2014... COME AT ME 2015!

X

Post a Comment

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.