November 07, 2013

Splurge or curb - Crystal Ear Cuffs




Although I love me some bling, I'm a bit late to the Ear Cuffs party. Mainly because I have ears the size of mice ears and didn't think my small ear lobes could cope with such hefty weight. And then also, could I pull off something so typically grungy and edgy? These crystal ear cuffs from Shay Accessories (on Shopbop) though are simply elegant and beautiful with the marquise shaped crystals being offset by a soft gold framing. But over the weekend I was able to spot a good similar pair from Sheike for more than half the price. The first occasion I decided to wear these for, was for a family friend's wedding. I wore my hair in brushed-out curls and clipped one ear cuff on as a unique accessory to accompany my cobalt classic dress (I left the other ear bare as it was hidden behind curls anyways).

If you're a bride looking for an edgy accessory to accompany a classic wedding dress, I reckon this would be the perfect accompaniment. If you have short hair... that would be an even better canvas to show off some great accessories!


Here's a great DIY tutorial I'm hoping to attempt for a slightly floral crystal ear piece (but with a clip on attachment instead) for an even more affordable price!

X
p.s. Other DIY Crystal accessories here and here

Post a Comment

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.