August 17, 2013

Food & Fashion - Colourblock

If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen some of my Sydney beachwater pics today. Oh the sun was so bright, the temperature was perfect with a slight breeze and the water was so clear, totally PERFECT for a Bondi beach to Coogee beach walk along the cliff face. Everyone young and old was out, dogs were off their leashes and everyone was in high spirits because we're feeling the seasons change already. Well...we're hopeful :)

Although my legs are now sufficiently feeling dead from 2+hours of the brisk walking up and downhill, I still feel the need to continue with the Food & Fashion series. And this week's inspo is dedicated to blocks of colour; bright and subdued shades. I have my eye on trying out Rachael's Red Velvet Kisses (from Made From Scratch -- check this blog out, it is Beee-U-ti-ful, brimming with inspiration and scrummy recipes), the S'mores pudding pops are making my mouth water and seeing that photo of the Nigiri Sushi we ate in Tokyo gives me SUCH pleasant memories!

I just bought myself the Bright Fuschia pony clutch below and can't wait to pair it up with blocks of subdued colours from my wardrobe. And I have my eye on the gorgeous caramel leather and black crepe maxi...just waiting for it to go further on sale! Bring on Spring/Summer I say!

<1> Neon Violet & White Pants combo by Mia Loves Pretty
<2> Bejewelled Stone Mix Necklace by J Crew (on sale!)
<3> Fuschia Pony Clutch by ASOS
<4> Colour block Cashmere Top by J Crew
<5> Leather & Crepe Maxi by ONE by Marni Row
<6> Suede Tote by Claire Vivier
<7> Black & Coral Suede heels by ASOS
<8> Bright Orange Asymmetric Slit Skirt by Esther
<9> One Piece Swimsuit by TopShop
<10> Colourblock Strappy heels by TopShop
<11> Grey & Fluro Pink Satchel by The Cambridge Satchel Company
<12> Colorblock Mirrored Sunglasses by Sheriff & Cherry





<1> The best Nigiri sushi I have ever tasted in Tokyo -  I'll be sharing a small snippet of our Tokyo food diary soon!
<2> Flaked barbecued fish on Tomato & Fennel Salad by Jamie Oliver
<3> Yoghurt Berry Pops by Taste
<4> Paleo Spaghetti Bolognese by Paleo Newbie
<5> Red Velvet Kisses by Made From Scratch
<6> S'mores Pudding Pops by Take A Mega Bite
<7> Gorditas and Salsa by Jamie Oliver
<8> BrĂ©silienne Coffee Caramel Dessert by Imene's Passion
<9> Raspberry Neapolitan Party cake by Sweetapolita
<10> Salted Caramel Slice by 101 Easy Recipes
<11> Pickled Vegetable Sandwich Slaw by Smitten Kitchen
<12> Tomato, Avocado & Mozarella Salad by The Smoothie Lover
<13> Orange Party Cake by Sweetapolita
<14> Lemon Parfait by Cravings of a Lunatic via Rachel Cooks

I hope this post inspires you to experiment with visual blocks of colour, whether brightly shaded or subdued, and also whether it's with fashion or food.
Thanks for reading guys :)
X
p.s. if you want to keep up-to-date with when new M.L.P posts are blogged, then please Follow M.L.P Along on BlogLovin' ! Bloglovin' is also an app, so you can see my blog posts on the fly on your mobile or tablet if you like!
Click here: Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.