March 25, 2013

Splurge or Curb - My Wedding shoes

When it comes to fashion and style, there's no doubt that I am a known shoes & accessories obsessor, magazine hoarder, fashion blog follower, celebrity admirer, and red carpet watcher. I often wonder about the high-end life, wondering if it's really THAT fabulous. This is probably why I have an unhealthy addiction to the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" show (among many other E! shows).
When it comes down to going through with purchasing those high-end items that I have lusted after, either from a mag or a blog.... I know I'm not alone when I say that I find it a lil difficult to actually follow through with the idea of parting cash, circa $2k+, for a handbag or pair of shoes. While some girls don't mind starving in the name of Chanel, Celine, Valentino or Jimmy Choo, I would much rather eat and continue to internet window shop, and forever weigh up the pros and cons of such a purchase.

I paid more attention to Valentino while I was researching to find my perfect wedding shoes. I really wanted to buy a pair of shoes that I could definitely wear again, and upon spotting the Valentino Lace Bow couture shoes, I fell in love and had my Mum scouring HK shops to check out the price.

{Valentino Lace Couture Bow Pump v Aldo Black Lace pump}


oh boy oh boy oh BOY was I tempted to splurge on the lace bow heels on the left. But, after putting on my sensible hat, I curbed and managed to find the black lace pumps on the right (sans bow unfortunately), from Aldo in Hong Kong. I loved wearing my ridiculously high Aldo heels (5+ inches of ridiculousness to be exact) on my wedding day under layers of organza tulle.
I won't lie and say that I still dream of owning a pair of Valentino bow couture shoes... I may go bonkers and just take the plunge! But hey, a girl's allowed to dream in the meantime :)
X

1 comment so far

  1. Oh! They are gorgeous! xx

    PS: Jaz might buy you the Valentino's ones for your 1st year anniversary... You never know! :)

    ReplyDelete

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.