February 15, 2013

Salted Caramel Milkshake goodness...

I must admit I'm not a massive milkshake fan. Mr Lee loves them. If it's an option on a menu, he'll take it in a heart beat, doesn't matter if it's for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Actually come to think of it, almost every boy I know loves milk in any form...What is it with boys and milk?
There's always the classic flavours; chocolate, caramel, banana and strawberry. But to entice me to want one I love seeing the sight of unusual and more-ish flavours.
A few months ago we tried to get a lunch spot at Reuben Hills here in Sydney, but there was no dice...the wait for a table of 6 on a Sunday was at least an hour! Even though we found another lunch spot, I couldn't help myself, and once lunch finished, I had to go back to Reuben Hills and try their salted caramel milkshake.

I die for anything salted caramel. Having that flavour in this milkshake, really did hit the spot. Surely this is easy to replicate at home right?

Mine doesn't quite taste the same as Reuben Hill's, but I still love it...I'm licking the spoon that spooned out the caramel sauce, as I type. So easy, so quick, TRY ... THIS...NOW!

Salted caramel milkshakes

Whiz the following with a stick blender:

  • 3 dessert spoonfuls of salted caramel sauce*
  • 1/2 cup milk (light/whole/whatever you like)
  • 2-3 scoops of vanilla ice-cream

Rim a glass (or bottle) with a good helping of the salted caramel sauce by tipping your glass horizontally, place small spoonfuls of sauce at the edge of the glass, tip the glass back upright and rotate it in your hand until the goopy gloriousness smothers around the glass the way you like it. Pour in your blended milkshake mixture ...and BOOM!

*Salted caramel sauce recipe I used was from the lovely Nigella Lawson.
X

5 comments so far

  1. Sherri@MadeFromPinterestAugust 23, 2013 at 7:47 AM

    Wow these look awesome!

    I'd love to have you share this or any of your amazing posts at our weekly Super Saturday Link Party. It starts Friday's at 6pm, hope we see you there!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are those cute mini glasses from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Stephanie, are you located in Sydney? If so, I got these from a store called "House 2 Home" but actually you can purchase similar clear ones here http://sweetteapartysupplies.com.au/p-category/milk-bottles-glasswares/milk-bottles, the ceramic ones are the same shape, but they are quite pricey , hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not - I'm actually in the States. Very helpful! Thanks so much! Love your site <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dang it haha. In that case there are a heap of variety in the states that I'm sure you'll find are even better than these ones! Thanks so much for your lovely comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.