December 13, 2015

Cavalier Espresso's Christmas French Toast


This blog has been neglected a little in the last couple months but I assure you I haven't forgotten about it. I have about 30 odd post ideas sitting in draft which I haven't executed yet because I've been working hard on makeup and hair practise and concentrating on my little business, whilst working as a senior business analyst/consultant during the week, leaving me not much quality brainpower to post anything that I feel 100% happy with!

I did want to quickly check in to say that I had a beautiful brunch with Jase at the cafe just downstairs from our apartment; Cavalier Espresso. We're regular coffee orderers from this cafe now and have brunched there on quite a number of occasions, but last past weekend, they served up something spesh ;)







These guys have only been in our hood for a couple of months, but from the get go, they have served delicious and carefully curated quality coffee, and every weekend, a new menu creation pops up to tantalise customer taste buds.
I had always wondered if anyone would snap up the small space that a nail salon packed up and left behind a few months before, and now the space has been transformed into a relaxed, earthy and copper toned cafe space and we couldn't be happier for this wonderful convenience! I totally dig their vibe!

This weekend just been, a Christmas French Toast was offered as the special leading up to Christmas, and I kid you not, I let Jase have a wee bite when the plate first landed on our table but then there was no more sharing after that. I would have licked the plate if I didn't already embarrass us enough with me wielding a giant SLR camera, clicking away.
It was a brioche toast, sitting on a bed of Christmas Egg Nog (I didn't think I would ever like Egg Nog), topped with a gingerbread crumb, a quenelle of chocolate cremeux, cherries, cream, toasted marshmallows and a gingerbread man to soak up the Christmassy egg nog goodness.

The menu is kept concise with items that are tasty with an injection of creative flair.  With a totally chilled out atmosphere, this cafe is a one after my own heart... or stomach. I hope you enjoy the photos and feel inspired to make a creation of your own this coming holiday season. Or if you're luckily in Sydney, pop on into Cavalier Espresso, they're a friendly and talented bunch, and your visit will be worth your while.

X

Post a Comment

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.