May 05, 2014

Classic Lace & Modern Leather







Blouse / Forever New (Similar here), Skirt / WitcheryHeels / Zara, Clutch / Country Road

Husbo Jase took these photos weeeeeeeelll well well before the crazy Antarctic chill that recently cast itself upon the east coast of Australia this past weekend. I love anything feminine and pretty with an added bit of edge. Nothing works better than creamy Classic Lace pieces with dark Modern cuts of Leather. I think this would work just as well with a creamy long sleeved lace shirt and some beautiful skinny coated pants.

I just came back from the best weekend away with a bunch of girlies, wedding dress shopping in Melbourne for one of my good friends with 2 other bridesmaids. It just reignited the fact that I love weddings so much, and the whole process of finding that dream dress makes my heart swell! And then right before the weekend, Jase and I watched Lion King the Musical with a bunch of friends...which AGAIN made my heart swell up, reminding me why I love music and stage productions so much. I spent almost 15 years of my life piano playing and learning music before I moved to Auckland to work and then became without a piano. One of the actors in the Lion King was an old acquaintance from back home, who turned his dreams of being an All Black rugby player to now being right in his element singing and performing beautifully on stage. Look him up, he plays the adult Simba in the musical :)

Anyways, I've been so inspired by seeing, talking, and reading about examples of creative and risk-taking individuals lately, that it makes me feel so rested and at ease with my recent decision to leave the corporate life. I don't know where it will take me, but I am taking a break from the corporate working life after giving it 10 years.... and I couldn't be anymore excited!

Hope you all are having a great start to the week!
X

2 comments so far

  1. Such a beautiful lace number! You look absolutely beautiful

    xxx

    www.insidein-insideout.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it such a beautiful top? Thanks so much for your lovely comment :) X

    ReplyDelete

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.