December 23, 2013

Sequin Party










Top / Cotton On, Sequin Skirt / River Island, Heels / Alice + Olivia, Clutch / ASOS (seen here)

Work is over, it's time to party! Well for a couple of weeks anyways! I would love to say we have booked a tropical getaway for the Christmas & NY holidays, but we're just going to trot home to NZ for a visit. Next year however, will have to be the year we make a visit to a few special places further abroad, and I'm aiming for A MONTH long trip!
Any-who, this art deco sequin skirt I'm wearing is just so fun with all its sparkliness, it doesn't need much of anything else to spruce it up! In fact that's why all I could think to pair it with was a simple white singlet top and strappy heels.
I have been eyeing up these heels for a long long time and when shopbop had a sale, I was SOLD. Plus it was a nice Merry Christmas present to myself and a pat on my own back for a hard year of work :) Even though these look like torture chamber shoes, they are probably the most comfy foot strapping shoe I've ever worn. The heel area has a cushy underlay and the straps are made of the softest leather. While they can easily turn into the shoe with the most wear, I'm only going to pull them out on spesh occasions, as at this stage, I have no comparable back up in case they die whilst on duty!

Hope you all are prepped for pending Christmas dinner or present opening, because I'm sure not! I still have a few gifts to get, but I got a get-out-of-jail-free-card with Christmas dinner as we're flying home that day (on stand-by) so may actually spend it on the plane...hmmmph!

X

Post a Comment

Mia Loves Pretty © . Design by FCD.